Our school grounds feature a mix of beautiful historic buildings, new modernised classrooms and renovated modular rooms all with today’s conveniences and technology.
All classrooms have the latest technology in digital interactive whiteboards, access to the school’s wireless computer network and a range of technology and IT platforms for the students to use.
Sporting facilities include:
- 8000m2 grassed area complete with 2 synthetic grassed cricket pitches, soccer and football fields and a sandpit.
- Full sized Gymnasium for Basketball, Netball, Volleyball, Badminton, Tennis and indoor soccer.
- Outdoors synthetic grassed basketball and netball courts
We have four separate playground areas, including a new adventure playground at the back of the school, ensuring that everybody has access to play equipment keeping them safe and happy.
A highlight of lunchtime activities is the large shaded ‘friendship zone’ where students run games, activities, craft and music for their peers. This is located next to the gym and includes another grassed play field and a table and chairs area.
Specialist Learning facilities- Art, Science, Children’s Learning Centre, Music
The MWPS Art room is equipped with sinks, art tables and a broad range of equipment for creating visual art works. Displays of children's work can be seen in the corridors around the school.
The school has a dedicated room for Science. The room is decked out with all the equipment students need for Science education.
The school also has an area located in the gymnasium where students can attend specialist music sessions.
Children’s Learning Centre
Our Children’s Learning Centre has a large range of engaging fiction, non-fiction, and picture story books. All classes have a timetabled weekly library lesson in the library. A developmental program of library skills, literature appreciation and research skills are taught. Children borrow books weekly. All classes have access to the library collection from their own classroom libraries as well. Our library is open every day at lunch times.
The Library also hosts our Digital Technologies lessons. Students learn coding, programming and computation thinking through hands-on lessons using digital devices (computers, iPads), robotics, Microbits, Makey Makeys, digital recording and virtual reality equipment.
Outdoor Learning/Meeting places
There is also substantial outdoor classroom areas including:
- an Environmental area featuring food gardens, fire pits, chooks, worms and a native garden.
- An Archaeological ‘Dig’ site site - where students in Grade 6 complete a Unit of Inquiry that requires them to become archaeologists and discover artefacts in the site.
- Circular garden meeting places
- Outdoor learning spaces connected to the classroom
- Koori learning space, with local native totems.
Our school gymnasium area hosts the Out-of-School-Hours-Care (OSHC) program. The gymnasium facility also includes a kitchen, music room, general classroom and toilet/change facilities.